There are lots of things you can do to encourage your child at this stage:
- Copy sounds your baby makes. This will encourage more noises and is the start of conversations.
- Hold your baby near your face when you talk to them so that they can see you clearly.
- Talk to your baby about what you are doing. This will help them to start to learn words.
- Talk in a sing-song voice to your baby. This will keep them interested in what you are saying.
- Have some special time with your child each day to play with toys and picture books.
Was this information useful?: